Please read through before starting assembly.
IMPORTANT: CHECK THE INSIDE OF YOUR POSTS FOR ALL MATERIALS.
Check Box for These Contents
In the event of missing or defective parts please call our customer service dept. at 1 800 282 9346 (Mon. to Fri. 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM EST). (UK Tel: (44) 2038 687160 (Mon. to Fri. 1:00 PM to 10:00 PM GMT).
- Post Caps (6) - 10600
- Arches (4) - 10702-1
- Arch Rafters (6) - 10757
- Left Posts (2) - 10760-1
- Side Panel Top Horizontal Rails (2) - 10751-1
- Side Panel Bent Vertical Spindles (46.6 in. / 118.4 cm.) (4) - 10762-1
- Side Panel Middle Straight Vertical Spindles (45.5 in. / 115.6 cm.) (2) - 10763-1
- Side Panel Middle Horizontal Rails (2) - 10754-1
- Right Posts (2) - 10761-1
- Side Panel Bottom Horizontal Rails (2) - 10755-1
- Ground Mounting Extensions (4) - 10845
- 5/8 in. (16 mm) Self-Augering Screws (32) - 20016
- 1 1/4 in. (32 mm) Self-Augering Screws (16) – 20047
Tools You Will Need
- Cordless Drill
- Stool or Short Ladder
- Cement (For Installation)
- Approximately 30 minutes (2 People)
Read Instructions through carefully before beginning assembly.
- When assembling components, place on a non-abrasive surface(i.e. shipping box) to avoid scratching.
- We recommend an area approx 10 ft. x 8 ft. (3 m x 2.4 m ) for unobstructed assembling.
- You should not need to use excessive force when assembling components.
Assemble the Arch System
PLEASE NOTE: Arch rafters have locking tabs located at both ends. Once inserted and pushed into the routered holes they will lock into place permanently.
- Slide post caps into position as illustrated. Push firmly until arches bottom out inside the post caps.
- Join arches together as illustrated.
- Fasten four 5/8 in. (16 mm.) screws in each post cap at top of arches as illustrated (Fig. 1), and repeat for other arch. Fasten two screws 5/8 in. (16 mm.) in top portion of post caps at bottom of arch (Fig. 2), and repeat for other arch.
- Insert arch rafters (6) into the holes on the arches until they bottom out inside the arches. There are “locking tabs” located at each end of the rafters that once inserted into the holes will lock into place.
Assemble the Side Panels
- Lay out the side panel bottom horizontal rail and insert the middle STRAIGHT vertical spindle (slightly shorter than outer vertical spindles that will be bent into place).
- Insert the two vertical spindles (slightly longer than middle vertical spindle) that will be bent into place.
- Slide the Side Panel Middle Horizontal Rail over the three vertical spindles to about the middle of the vertical spindles.
- Position the Side Panel Top Horizontal Rail and Insert the middle vertical spindle.
- Tension bend into place the two outer vertical spindles. The assembled side panel will need to be held together until it is inserted into the post.
- Lay out one LEFT post (as identified) horizontally with holes facing up and insert the assembled side panel by aligning the horizontal rails with the holes on the post.
- Lay out one RIGHT post (as identified) horizontally with holes facing up and insert the assembled side panel and post into.
- Fasten the side panel to the posts by using 1 1/4 in. (32 mm) screws into the posts as illustrated. Ensure that all horizontal rails on side panel “bottom out” inside the posts prior to screwing together.
- Repeat as necessary for other side panel.
Connect Arch System to Side Panels
- Set out both side panels 42 in. (107 cm) opening between inside of posts.
- Place the assembled arch over the side panels and push down until the post tops bottom out inside the post caps. You will need a helper for this step.
- Fasten the assembled arch system to the posts by installing two 5/8 in. (16 mm.) screws into the two pre-drilled holes provided on the bottom of each post cap as illustrated.
Arbors must be well secured to prevent tipping over from wind load, etc. We have provided four ground mounting extensions for securing the arbor in a temporary application like a wedding, etc. These extensions are not designed to permanently mount your arbor. If you are installing your arbor on concrete or a wood deck, visit your hardware store to purchase the appropriate galvanized bracketing hardware.
Ground Mounting Extension Installations
- Slide the four ground mounting extensions into the bottom of each posts until it bottoms out and secure with two screws, one on the outer side of the post and one on the inner side as shown.
(A) Into Earth (temporary Installation)
- Move the arbor to its final location (you will need a helper). When you are satisfied with the location, mark the locations of the posts, then move the arbor aside and lay it carefully on its side. Excavate 4 holes approx. 10” (25 cm) deep. Carefully move the arbor back into position and level it both vertically and horizontally.
Backfill the holes with the excavated soil to cover the extensions.
(B) Into Earth With Concrete Footing
- Similar to the above steps, move the arbor to its final location. When you are satisfied with the location, mark the locations of the posts, then move the arbor aside and lay it carefully on its side. Excavate 4 holes approx. 18” (46 cm) deep, 6“ (15 cm) diameter.
- Fill the holes with wet cement flush to the ground. You will need 2 bags of pre-mix concrete (purchase separately). Carefully move the arbor back into position.
- Support the arbor and level over the holes with bricks, stones or blocks of wood under the bottom rail of the side panel. The post bottoms should insert themselves approximately 1” (1.5 cm) into the concrete. Allow the concrete to set.